OPEN EVERY DAY
* BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY PARTY AT LES ENFANTS *
If you are looking for a venue for a holiday party, we still have some available dates. We'd be happy to tailor an event for your crowd size and price range. Consider the possibilities...
* A cocktail party with an open bar and passed hors d'oeuvres *
* Aperitifs and three-course dinner *
* Relaxed lunch for 10, 20 or 30 *
* Late-night DJ dance party with signature holiday cocktails *
• Catered appetizer platters delivered to your workplace or home *
Send inquiries to: info@LESenfantsdeboheme.com
Be sure to include your desired event date, time, and guest count.
SEATING CAPACITY: The dining room seats 40; the bar seats 20.
FULL CAPACITY (standing and seated): 80
Partial and full buy-outs available.
* LUNCH * DINNER * WEEKEND BRUNCH *
* APERITIF * LATE-NIGHT BAR * TAKE-OUT *
• Reservations recommended for parties 4 + more. Call or reserve through OpenTable.
• HAPPY HOUR (Monday–Thursday, 5:00-7:00 pm, available at the bar only). Buy one, get one free, applicable to all beers, cocktail of the day, and select wine by the glass.
• MONDAYS = $1.50 OYSTERS. Fresh East Coast oysters, $1.50 each, served by the half-dozen or dozen.
• $24 BOOZY BRUNCH (weekends 10:00 am–4:30 pm): Eggs Benedict or Florentine + organic Vittoria coffee (free refills) + brunch cocktail (Mimosa, Lychee Bellini, Earl Grey Martini, Classic Bloody Mary or Bloody Maria, Espresso Cocktail)
• LES Enfants Délice: Try our to-go annex next door! Organic espresso drinks + cold brew, fresh-baked croissants and pain au chocolat, baguette sandwiches, crêpes Bretonnes (savory galette de sarrasin, made with gluten-free buckwheat flour), sweet crêpes, salads, Adirondack Creamery ice cream + more! We proudly serve organic fair-trade Vittoria Coffee. Open daily (weekdays 7:45 am to 8:00 pm, weekends 9 am to 8:00 pm).
* Please be advised that we do NOT accept coupons from Restaurant.com. If you purchased a coupon and have not redeemed it, ask Restaurant.com for a refund. *
* Call to order from LES Enfants Délice or LES Enfants de Bohème, for pick-up. Deliveries coming soon. *
* CASH ONLY *
Just what the neighborhood's been waiting for! A "normal" spot (think friendly bistro/living room for locals). Created by Stéfan Jonot, former owner of the beloved Les Enfants Terribles (2003–2012, RIP), Les Enfants de Bohème welcomes free-spirited sorts, enfants of all ages and types (les enfants du paradis, de l'amour, de la terre, de la nature, de la chance, de l'autre monde...).
Expect a friendly, casual spot where you can enjoy a quick drink or linger over a delectable dinner, grab a coffee to go or dawdle with a book.
For his newest venture, Jonot has partnered with design writer and curator Cathy Lang Ho, restaurateur Daniel Rivera (David's Cafe), longtime LES resident and actor Josh Lucas, and British photographer Simon Harsent.
CUISINE: The menu features classic French bistro fare, emphasizing fresh seasonal ingredients and local sourcing. We are pleased to introduce our new Executive Chef Hector Diaz, a veteran of David Burke Kitchen in SoHo. He succeeds our founding chef David Malbequi, an alumnus of the Daniel Boulud and Laurent Tourondel empires. Like Malbequi, Diaz prizes simplicity in cooking, highlighting fresh, seasonal ingredients and classic French culinary techniques. He started his career as a protégé of acclaimed chef Andrew Rothschild while at the legendary Miami restaurant The Forge.
DESIGN + AMBIANCE: Jonot wanted to create a space that feels as welcoming as a typical corner bistro in Paris—a place that becomes a part of our neighbors' daily routines, from drinking coffee to reading the paper, working through lunch or meeting friends for an apero, dining with the family or grabbing a nightcap on the way home. Freecell Architecture (John Hartmann, Lauren Crahan, Sam McBride) collaborated on the design and space organization. Freecell is an award-winning architecture studio whose work includes the design of the U.S. Pavilion at the Venice Biennale (2012), showrooms for Alexander Wang, Diesel, and other retailers, as well as private lofts, exhibitions, and public installations.
WALL INSTALLATION: Les Enfants de Bohème commissioned French visual artist Jeanne Verdoux and Scottish architect/ illustrator John Gibson to create a site-specific wall mural. The mural draws from Verdoux's sketchbook, which includes her acclaimed drawing series New Yorkers on the Subway, immediate portraits on New Yorker subscription cards that capture glimpses of everyday life. Her work has been widely published and exhibited. Her partner and husband John Gibson works with interior designers, set designers, and landscape architects, and his work has been featured in The New York Times, House Beautiful, The Daily News.
STREET SEAT: We are proud to introduce the Lower East Side's first and only Street Seat, a new program of the Department of Transportation (DOT) that expands seating and greenery in public spaces by temporarily removing one or two parking spaces. Street Seats—also known as parklets—have been emerging in recent years in cities all over the world, asserting the importance of social spaces and enriching pedestrian experiences. Les Enfants de Bohème's Street Seat is only one of a dozen new examples to be realized in New York City this year. Marpillero Pollak (Linda Pollak) and Scalar Architecture (Julio Salcedo, Benjamin Prager, Carsten, Young) collaborated with Les Enfants de Bohème's Cathy Lang Ho to create a street intervention using materials native to the street, resulting in a pocket plaza with an urban (rather than suburban) character. Consulting the DOT's street construction standards, the designers fashioned heavy timbers (usually used as traffic barriers) into benches, metal railing/scaffold into an enclosure, and bright safety fencing, which heightens the visibility of the structure. The Street Seat is an open public area that is free for anyone to enjoy. Special thanks to Jesse Danger of the Movement Creative for his invaluable help!
[Full website under construction; excuse this placeholder!]
RESERVATIONS, PRIVATE EVENTS, CATERING + OTHER INQUIRIES
LES Enfants is available for private events (large parties or full buy-out) and catering. The dining room seats up to 40 people; the bar seats 20. The restaurant capacity for cocktail parties is 80. We would be happy to customize a menu and bar options for your event. Please contact us at the email or telephone number below.
- + 1 (646) 476-4843
- 177 Henry Street (corner Jefferson)
* Lower East Side *
New York, NY 10002